Mission: A mentoring program designed to encourage and nurture the professional development of AWAF scholarship recipients. We also seek to help scholarship recipients enter and succeed in the automotive industry.
Vision: Build and create lasting relationships and alliances that effectively impact the success of women in the automotive industry.
Why join the AWAF Mentorship Program?
- Obtain guidance, motivation, emotional support
- Enhance communication and decision-making skills
- Gain a role model to support professional development and advancement over a career
- Improve ability to successfully secure target career opportunities
- Enhance access to industry leaders and subject matter experts to develop an exceptionally strong business network
- Develop strategies for dealing with work related issues including teaming, managing relationships, conflict and many others
Improve job performance and promotability
- Further develop mentoring and leadership skills
- Gain a personal sense of satisfaction from knowing you’ve helped someone
Develop new relationships with fellow AWAF members
2021 Mentorship Program
- Concept: A mentoring program designed to encourage and nurture the professional development of AWAF scholarship recipients.
- Who: Mentees will be AWAF scholarship recipients current and past. Mentors: will be active professional members with experience, time and availability.
- What: Program content will consist of, but is not limited to, career planning, professional development, work life balance, self-confidence and personal influence.
- When: May 17, 2021 – September 30, 2021.
- Where: One-on-one and group meetings will be planned, to connect by phone, various social meeting platforms (i.e. Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.), or in person as logistics and health requirements permit.
How: Applicants will be paired through a matching process based on career and academic information. Resources will be provided to make this experience meaningful and memorable.
The mentorship committee has designed AWAF’s Mentorship program with an eye on sustainability, structure and emphasis on professional development. If you are interested in becoming a mentor or have any questions, please contact Alexandra Warren [email protected].
Registration Deadline for Mentors and Mentees: April 2, 2021. Program begins May 17, 2021.
AWAF Is A 501(C)3 Organization